Just posted above about my failure with Cor-Lokt bullets. I have not shot game with but a few Silvertips. All Silvertips are not the same. The early ones, the silvertip was made of hard nickel silver and the cap reached all the way to the base of the bullet. A true controlled expansion bullet. Then around the early 1950's IIRC, the inner jacket was shortened to about half way to the base. Then in the mid 1950's the nickel silver was replaced with a lightweight aluminum cap that barely covers the exposed tip. These are the ones that fail people. Saw a cow elk shot with a 200 grain silvertip from a 348 Win. Range was @200 yards, and the bullet struck the knee and exploded. Long follow-up to say the least. Many people have reported failure to penetrate and bullet disintegration even with slow moving cartridges like the 375 H&H. A gun writer used such a caliber and 300 grain Silvertips to try to kill a grizzly bear. Many shots later it finally fell over. I recall a gun writer shot a porcupine with a Silvertip from a 300 Win Mag and the bullet blew up and failed to exit.