The big problem with BOTH bullets is they've varied considerably over the decades. Have seen both "blow up" and both penetrate well, retaining significant weight.

One of my eye-openers was when Remington sent me some "Core-Lokt" factory loads in the early 1990s to test, which had bullets that looked suspiciously "pencil-pointed," as Elmer Keith used to call Hornady's secant-ogive bullets. So I pulled one and sectioned it--and gee, it had something that looked a LOT like an Interlock ring inside the shank-section of the jacket.

Also had a 150-grain Silvertip (NOT Ballistic Silvertip) bullet from a factory .30-06 load break up on the shoulder of a forkhorn mule deer buck at around 200 yards. (The buck was quartering toward me.) This was in the mid-1980s, and I did manage to track the buck down and put a second one in the ribs as the buck stood broadside, which dropped him and exited. Found the empty jacket of the first one lying against the ribs behind the broken shoulder.

But have seen some 130-grain Silvertips from dead bull elk that were "perfect" mushrooms, found under the hide on the far side of the chest.

The Ballistic Silvertips are Nosler Ballistic Tips with different colors.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck