Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Uhh, you never know, Butch. Some well heeled connoisseur of custom M70's might come along and want a no-holds-barred gun!

Bolts: expensive, but the small parts aren't. Hang a Shilen barrel on it.....

Bolts are very expensive. I'd also check ebay. There is a stripped bolt listed there right now for $250.. They have a nice new steel floorplate too, that I'd buy if I was in the market for one. The main problem with piece mealing this schidt is I can find complete rifles for less money than it's going to cost you to put one together, even if you put one back together like it was factory again. I know where a nice rifle is that has been rechambered. They are wanting $850 for the complete working rifle, with die set and a box of reloading components.. Probably $150 worth of extra's there, so rifle is around $700.00.. Plus it has a Leupold on it. The gloss Leupy's sell for some pretty good money now days. Even if you took off $200 for that, the complete rifle is in the $500 range.. Just the way my mind works..

We think about the same way and I've got a bunch that I've not done anything with. I was lucky to buy a much older custom built on a VZ33 for next to nothing and it is not drilled for scope bases. Just sitting here with others.