Originally Posted by sbrmike
Mac, Is that a DWM made in Berlin or an Argentine made action? 1909's are a darn good action. I would build a 257 Roberts on it. No mods needed other than barreling it up. A 30-06 will fit with some massaging. Some of the Argentine built are a bit prone to being soft in the recoil lug area. Not a danger but not good for long hard use. Build it up.

They tend to be soft in the locking lug area, not the recoil lug area. But they are nice both because of the fit & finish as well as the accommodating nature of their feed rails.

Thanks Double Aught. That stock was, believe it or not, bought from Richard's Microfit around the year 2003. I lived in the area and hand selected it then took the biggest rasp I had a rasped on it for two days to release the stock within. It sported a 26" barrel and would launch Hornady 225's into a little under 1.5" at 200 yds. The barrel made long field shots real easy. Somebody offered me what, at the time, seemed like an obscene amount for it so I sold it. Kinda wish I had it back.