Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
When my younger brother went to law school, I asked him the same thing.

His answer was "Have you ever seen a broke lawyer?"

LOL.

Soon after, my youngest brother went to law school too. I didn't ask him why, I knew why... Because the other brother did it. grin

Both practice in different areas of the law. One owns a lawfirm and is a personal injury atty., and the other one practices business law.

Begs the question. Are either broke?

🦫

No. Neither are broke, but the one who owns his own law firm is much more fluid as far as money.

They both tried to get me to go back to school and get a law degree, as I already had a master's in criminal justice, it wouldn't have taken as much to get a JD, as it would starting fresh. I just had had enough school, and being a lawyer never appealed to me.

There's more important things in life than money. Being able to live with how you get it is one of them. wink

Your comment on "enough school" rings with my five years chasing my ME degree in the early 80's at Cal Poly. Upon graduation, that was not celebrated, I never wanted to see a campus or a book again. My youngest son, now 25, headed off to TAMU for his ME pursuit and I mentioned the same. Upon graduation he fully agreed. Burnt out just as I was.

Conduct is the best proof of character.