AB2506;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the weather on your side of the big hills is tolerable tonight and you're well.

This story is from about 1990, but nonetheless it does involve Canucks travelling in Holland.

As a prequel to that, when we were there in '75 we were treated very well when they found out we were from Canada. Two of my wife's uncles were on the ground and in the air during the liberation of Holland, so there's a bit of a personal connection there.

Anyways this coworker and her partner liked to travel and her father was a Canadian Vet from the Holland Campaign so they were retracing some of where he'd been.

She related that in a little pub one night, when the owner - who was their age so mid 30's - found out they were Canadian and that her father had fought to free the town they were in, he told them, "Whatever you want from the bar or the menu is on me. My grandparents wouldn't be alive today without Canadian troops coming here, so neither would I".

From what I'm given to understand, the Dutch remember who did what for them much better than the folks in some places in France, though not all.

All the best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"