Originally Posted by BC30cal
alwaysoutdoors;
Good evening to you sir, I hope that the day went okay for you and you're well.

Not to my knowledge no, I've not pretended to be anything other than what I am, but I have been mistaken for one at least once.

Somewhere around 2008 or 2009 our family drove down into Yellowstone, then out to Cody, then up through Glacier NP Montana, up into Waterton NP up here, through Kananaskis country and into Banff, then into Glacier NP up here and home.

We were tenting most places, but we'd had a bit of fun tenting in Cody on our previous trip before the girls were born, so we decided to grab a bed and a shower in a little place that had cabin like structures in Cody. That proved to be a very good decision as they had a wild thunder and lightning storm, 50mph winds and an inch of rain.

Next morning broke bright and clear however and our girls decided to take advantage of the swimming pool.

I was standing beside the pool watching them dressed in hat and boots the same as I do here, when some chap came up to me and started asking about some local attraction.

When I replied - in typical Canuck fashion - "Sorry, I can't help you sir as I'm not a local", he replied, "Well you look like a local" and the way he said it didn't sound like a compliment.

When he asked where I was from and I told him "British Columbia", he replied, "I've been to British Columbia - Vancouver to be specific - and they don't look like you do there"....

He was from Boston or Baltimore or somewhere I've never been, and when I tried to explain we had some reasonably big ranches in BC and a long history of livestock production, which I was involved in peripherally and that we owned horses, it was obvious he gave not a rotund rodent's rectum for my attempts.

There in ends the tale of me being mistaken for a Cody area resident.

All the best to you as we head into the weekend.

Dwayne
May your powder stay dry, brother.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]