ldholton, “ last month thr 5th circuit court of appeals struck down the bump stock ban”

I guess I wasn’t clear, that was the presedence I was referring to.

I’m not sure if there’s a real downside to taking the free stamp. I’ve been told they are setting the free stamp applications aside for now so it doesn’t slow down the system until they see how many will actually apply and how many new reviewers they will need. You can keep the brace on as long as you can show that you have applied for amnesty but you cannot install a real stock until you are approved.

By paying for the real form 1, they are supposed to take up to 60 days to approve. Average is 30 days. Mine went submitted/in process on the 11th of January although I e-filed 12-21-22 it said submitted/pending research. Not sure when the time starts but taking in the holidays and everything that has gone on, I figure I’ve got a little more time to wait.

I bought a Colt 6933 upper and wanted to use my Colt M4 lower so I paid the money, had it engraved and will have an all Colt SBR. Not sure there’s any real benefit but it’s what I wanted.

I have three lowers that I could file for the free stamp on but right now I don’t see me needing another SBR but I’ve got a little time to decide for sure.