I had a pair of cabelas years ago. Tall and comfortable. But after awhile, the glue holding the soles on simply deteriorated and the soles fell off. I'll never buy another pair of boots where the soles aren't heavily stitched on.

I think if I did it over again, I'd rather have some sturdy hiking books and snake-proof knee high gaiters. Most snake boots rely on layers of cordura nylon above the ankle, and aren't any more snake-proof around the foot than solid hiking boots.

Unless you are hunting in Eastern/Western Diamondback or Prairie rattlesnake country, snakes very rarely bite above the ankle. Copperheads, Cottonmouths, and Timber/Canebrake Rattlers, and Pygmy Rattlers (the only venoumous snakes in Tennesee) tend to bight straight out, or only an inch or two above the ground. The Diamondbacks and Prairies tend to coil higher and may bite above the ankle. Snake proof gaiters will retard penetration as well as the layers of nylon fabric in snake-proof boots. And you can take gaiters off when it gets hot.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 02/05/23.