Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Copperheads, Cottonmouths, and Timber/Canebrake Rattlers, and Pygmy Rattlers (the only venoumous snakes in Tennesee) tend to bight straight out, or only an inch or two above the ground. The Diamondbacks and Prairies tend to coil higher and may bite above the ankle. Snake proof gaiters will retard penetration as well as the layers of nylon fabric in snake-proof boots. And you can take gaiters off when it gets hot.

We have cottonmouths, copperheads, as well as rattlers in TN as well as the Pygmy rattlers that you mentioned. I killed a copperhead in my yard (it was self defense, I promise) a few years back.

As far as boots go, I have an old (and I do mean old) pair of Rocky Snake boots. I just bought a pair of cowboy type snake boots that were on close out at Academy this past fall, I have yet to wear them so I can not report back on them as of yet. If I were buying today, I think I would have to look hard at Russel boots but nobody around me carriers them. I would like to try them on and see how they fit before spending that type of money.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....