Originally Posted by shrapnel
A starter does have a lifetime. In a regular use a car would start a few times a day as you would start it and drive somewhere. Now some genius believes he is saving the earth by putting a start/stop feature in the car to save the atmosphere by killing the polluting nasty motor for a few seconds at a stop sign.

So you drive this car down the street one time and the starter is engaged probably 50-60 times more than normal. How in the Hell can this make any sense. A car in the United States is not adding enough emissions into the atmosphere that not running is going to improve anyone’s life or life expectancy…

Good post. As for the start/stop feature on my vehicles, that is called a key. I have total control of that. The way it should be. Life is great. On a further note, I drove one of my buddies F150's with this stupid start stop feature. I hated the sob. I drove across town and the damn thing turned off and restarted 10 times. That starter sure as hell doesn't last as long as mine does.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA