Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I've been substituting Universal for Unique for a long time for pistol loads (and Clays for Bullseye), because I stopped shotgunning and was left with scads of those powders. The several pounds of Unique (and Bullseye) get dipped into from time to time but not like as if I relied solely on them, and I may never have to actually seek out further alternatives.

Of course all that's a moot point because of the primer situation. You can have all the powder known to mankind but without primers you're screwed. My "lifetime" supply of primers, as judged two years ago, may not actually be a lifetime supply as my pistol shooting (and rifle shooting that requires pistol primers) ticked up dramatically since then...

Is Universal bulky like Unique gnohhh?

My 223s have just burnt up a pound of Unique in the past 4 months or so.... 750+ rounds out of a pound of it...

I/m not getting low, but want to stock up on an alternative, if the day comes that the democRATS stay in office the next election..

figure my shooting life has about one or two more administrations left in it... so I have a lot of rifle barrels and bullets to shoot up before that day comes...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez