Originally Posted by Higginez
Your not even close to understanding what a Leslie speaker is and you're gonna give me a lesson on reverb? Keep Googling.

Originally Posted by Higginez
This spot reserved for 7 paragraphs of blather from a crusty old dude that hates music but has studied it his entire life. Maybe it'll make sense someday.
Well Dumbell - you took at least 10 minutes, managed to post only two repetitive snarks - and answered nothing about reverberation.

You simply push out silly personal jabs that amount to zero. You have made it clear that you know zero about acoustical reverberation. Or, you haven't yet searched out a source you can understand - or you are drunk/doped. Never mind - done with that. Now, to dispense with this mess.

History: You opened your smelly bag of personal attack way back there with your derogatory reply - to my posting that I had failed to notice that an organist was playing through a Leslie. Get that again - my post stating something I had missed while listening to a recording. You were greedy to be a snark even then - tried to claim that I know nothing about a Leslie. That history is clear in previous posts on some music thread.

What a jerk !

Finale: As my grand dad might have put it: "I was listening to, playing alongside, helping transport, and helping repair Leslie (originally Vibratone) units before you started picking your nose." And, I was. Because you do not understand the facts of acoustical reverberation in a live space, the aspects of decay and particularly as those affect reverb time, and some other related factors - you have no way to fathom why someone might refer to something by saying "like a false reverb". I will make it quick for you. The "reverb" emanating from a Leslie setup is not a natural live acoustical reverberation. The inventor used his previously gained knowledge/experience to create a doppler effect with spinning components - a simulation of natural reverberation that could be created mechanically. "False Reverb".

By now you have fully exposed your ignorance as well as greed to be noticed. In some ways I am embarrassed to have cooperated in dragging your crass carcass this far. No doubt, some folks on here have been bored by, or even decried, this mess - if even they took the time to read it. For my part in the silly encounter, to others I say "sorry". Done with this.

Suggestion: decide what you want for the future here.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron