Final update:

Took exactly 6 weeks to get the gun back from Armscor/RIA. RIA paid shipping both ways. The included note was vague to the point of annoyance.

“Customer concerns verified and repaired. New parts installed and fitted, tuned, lubed, and test fired.”

No clue WHAT parts were installed (nothing obvious). No clue WHAT was repaired. Called, and got nothing but automated hold, over and over. Email unanswered, after more than a week.

Only OBVIOUS thing, is they kept the KCI brand mag I sent it in with (the gun came with TWO of these, I tried both of them, gun had issues with both). They sent it back with what appears to be a Metalform brand 8-shot mag. The follower of the Metalform is much different from the KCI.

Took the gun out, and ran 3-4 mags through it. It seems to run fine, now. No issues to speak of..

Happy that it runs well. A bit unhappy that it appears it took them 6 weeks to simply test it with a different mag from the junk KCI mags they included with the gun. It appears that what they sell on their website are ALSO Metalform’s, and not KCI brand. Apparently they KNOW the KCI’s aren’t great.

Also of note, these KCI mags are sold as 45 mags. Their packages were marked as such, but RIA included a note with the owners manual that, despite this marking, they said WOULD function in a 10mm. These KCI are a $10 mag, online. The Metalform are a $25-$30 mag. Obviously, a cost-cutting measure.

So, I’ll be sure to let folks know IF they ever contact me regarding any other work that may have been done to the gun, but for NOW, it appears that it was a mag issue, “fixed” by using a better quality mag than the two that were included with the gun.....