Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Bay1975
You clods are missing the point.

Grind down the receiver, cut off the bolt handle, get new bottom metal, change the barrel, get a plastic or big chunky after market stock drill it for your tasco 3x9. What is the point of calling it a Mauser lol. You just spent $3000 dollars to build a $450 academy special. Let me guess you did all the work yourself, well now you have a $175 dollar pawn shop special lol.

I built a pawn shop special on a G33/40.... I even ground down the receiver bridge.... the horror... I had no idea I was breaking the rules... damn

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Brother Fubar;
Good afternoon my cyber friend, I trust life on your side of the medicine line and slightly to the east of us is going well.

There are a few rifles that get posted here which just "do it" for me somehow and that's one of them.

Funny how rifles, horses, cars and I suppose even what we consider "it" in the opposite sex is different for us all, you know?

That one is "it" for me anyways and any old time you want to share a photo of it, please go right ahead.

The one and only G33/40 I owned didn't have the original bolt and the stock had been really worked over before it was painted flat black, but I bought it and passed it along to another fellow looking for just that.

If I read Ludwig Olson's book correctly, nobody is truly certain how many military 98 rifles were made under German occupation and in their factories, but safe to say it was millions.

Anyways likely enough or hopefully enough that we're all able to do what we believe is best - well or the most fun project. wink

Best to you folks and thanks again.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"