Originally Posted by Blacktail53
Originally Posted by centershot
Good looking bow, how does it shoot?

After letting the string stretch overnight and adjusting the brace height to 8", I shot the bow with 28.5" Easton Trad 500's and 600's with various points. It did best with the 500's and a 175 gr field point.

When I shot it earlier at 7.5" BH, it was pretty noisy. I placed small furniture type sticky pads under the edge of the limbs in the pockets that folks claim will minimize some shot noise from that location - surprisingly it worked quite well... something I ran across while investigating ILF's. I'm also going to tie in Cat Whiskers.

In the morning I plan to run the BH up to 8 1/4" and then slowly work my way back down as I shoot, until I hit a sweet spot. Tiller, has been spot on throughout.

The "plan" for this bow is simple recreational shooting and wild turkeys. If/when I decide to hunt deer with it, I'll put the 40# limbs on and go through the process again. The 30# limbs on the bow now pull 34# at my Smurf-like 26.5" draw. I anticipate the 40's to run close to 45# or so.

What does spot on tiller mean? Spot on for me, particularly in shorter bows is even tiller. On longer bows 62" or longer I typically like 1/8" pos.