I’ve gone to both SCI and DSC many times. I’m in Nashville today for SCI. Had dinner last night with Johnny DuPlooy. Will see Carl Van Zijl in a few minutes.

I go to see the PHs and others I’ve made friends with over the years. I enjoy both shows and thru the people I know have been introduced to many others in the industry.

The after hours dinners, drinks, shows, and fun are part of the allure.

The outright chauvinistic competition between SCI/DSC is a head scratcher. Both have the same goal and involve many of the same exhibitors. The shows are THE vehicle for so many PHs and outfitters to make a living. The shows are where the clients are.

DCi reminds me of SCI 25-30 ago in its size and scope. I long ago got tired of Las Vegas. SCI as I understand it has committed to moving their convention to Nashville and or New Orleans for the next half decade or so.

That is welcome.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo