I went to the Thursday awards banquet dinner. I sat with a couple from northeast Wyoming who were ranchers. Peter and Caroline. Must have been big ranchers as they were both big hunters. He had been to Africa a number of times, with 5 elephants and 12 cape buffaloes. They were going back because he had room in his "buffalo corner" of his trophy room for two more. He wasn't a bragger or acted like he was filthy rich, although he probably was, ha. We swapped some stories and showed some pictures. I thought I was fortunate to be able to show him my one cape buffalo. He said before we parted that buffalo hunting gets in your blood!! One gentleman and two ladies stopped by the table and talked to them. I wasn't paying attention but I could tell that they knew them. When the trio left Peter asked if I knew the one lady. I didn't but she was Mary Cabela. They knew them for many years. So I had a great time at the dinner. Food was good and awards and auctions were OK. After that we all were able to go to the Wild horse saloon and watch Big and Rich perform. Not my kind of music to say the least but I met a fellow Flint SCI member and we watched. Had to yell to converse though.

I went to Vegas once and thought Vegas was better and bigger.

USE ENOUGH GUN (Ruark) and YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE TOO MANY (me)