Posting out of curiosity, but at one time Blue Dot was considered to be temperature sensitive in colder weather. I use Blue Dot mostly for .357 125-140 grain loadings, but since an article back in the 70's by a well known writer for Shooting Times that did alot of testing in cold weather (chronograph and all), he noticed varied fps with same loadings shot in warmer weather. I've read a few other articles also over the years advising also of BD's cold weather sensitivity. I didn't notice any mention of BD's being temp sensitive in any of the posts unless I missed it.

Maybe Alliant has changed its chemical formula over the years since that, but I noticed most of the posts on this thread are from warm weather areas of the US. I still use BD for revolver loads, have thought of using it for reduced rifle loads over the years, but have 5-6 powders I'm already using. I've gotten to using some of the powders considered non-temp sensitive anymore for cold weather shooting and for my winter coyote loadings in .223 and 250 Savage. Varget is very accurate and deadly. Just wondering! I did check Aliant's website and they make no claim about it being temp sensitive as with some of their other powders.

Last edited by Savage94C; 02/23/23.