Originally Posted by Partagas
I have a few rifles in the 270 weatherby. My father in law gave me one of his and my wife had bought one before we got married for her rifle both mark vs. I scored a deal on a barrel chambered in 270 wby as well so swapped out an older 7mm mag barrel on a rem 700. I have shot everything from coyotes, whitetails, mule deer, pronghorns and elk to now a moose with it. Actually my son shot the moose. I am attaching a picture though I have posted it before I just like the photos and was proud of my kid!

I realize the 270 caliber is handicapped as far as real extended range being the tweener between the 6.5 and 7 with the big BC bullets available to them. For hunting purposes and not trying to compete in long range stuff the 270 will hold its own. I used to shoot some of the more BC efficient 150s in it but you have to get quite a ways out to pass up the 130 grain bullets going 3400-3500 fps. Now that the 270 win can safely get the 150 to over 3000 fps with RL 26 powder the advantage the wby has it pushing the 130s fast. I like the Barnes 130 tsx, ttsx, and now the lrx. Holds together well at those velocities and works near to far. IMR 7828, RL 25, 26, 22 and Ramshot Magnum have all been good powders.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My son shot this moose broadside with a 110+ yard shot with the 129 LRX. As the moose was swaying he put one more insurance shot in its chest as it was facing us.
The first bullet passed through and never found the second bullet. I didn't see a pass through but lengthwise through a moose there is a lot of guts to lose a bullet in.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Nice bull & really dark. That a Shiras? I saw a Shiras cow & calf in Rocky Mountain Park when the wife & I were there in 2017.