I shoot more than a few outback, it is a out the only thing to do in March around here. I use several callers, some cassette, some CD, some card, and some electronic that can be downloaded from the Internet. Fight, death cry, and reveille are my most used but I use others on occasion.

What I've learned is the survivors catch on to the calls pretty quickly hence the many types. Being I hunt out the backdoor the birds get a lot of experience quickly. Having a number of different sources for calls mean I ca n get in several hunts before having to reuse a call. That leaves the birds a little naive regardingthe calls.

The difficult part is finding decent hiding spots as there is a fair bit of snow still on theground meaning no leafed out trees or bushes to hide behind. Trying to build a blind is a losing proposition as they spot the structure immediately and shy away. I swear some of the older birds recognize snowshoe orboot tracks in the snow and use extra caution when approaching. This is especially true if setting out decoys which reduces their utility. If lucky I can use them the last week or so of the season but that is very iffy. The way things are going, the snow will be shin deep into April.