My recipe;

I bought six dove decoys that have the clothespin type attachment and a motorized dove decoy with the rotating wings. I painted them all gloss jet black. I made "t" shaped posts of heavy wire that I push into the ground and clip the decoys to them.

I bought a half yard of fake fur from Hobby Lobby that is slightly striped, so it could be a coon or any number of smallish predators. I cut the fabric so I have two pieces, 18" x 18", and used one to drape over my e-caller. The other is a spare.

I set up the mechanical decoy about 6"-8" in front of the covered caller and the other decoys scattered around, some on trees if there are any available.

I start with Crow Distress, then to Fight if needed. Works really well for me, even though the decoys are small for a Crow, I guess they think they are midget Crows...or something. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell