Originally Posted by Jason280
I thought about it, and I don't think it's worth the effort. Ammo is expensive right now, brass difficult to find, and it's not exactly an easy round to reload.

There are some challenges for certain. Again, I’m hoping the locked-breech of the S&W helps, since the action doesn’t open until the bullet passes the gas port at the end of the barrel. Have some once-fired brass coming, a bit of range brass, and what I’ve salvaged of my own. Bought a catcher bag to keep my brass from flying away.

Primers are a mystery at this point. The data sheet from my Lee dies calls for SR primers; Hodgdon data uses Win SP; and the Handloader data uses Win SPM. The article with that data also says FN and Fiocchi ammo has crimped primers. We shall see.

Other quirks are that, according to Brian Pearce, SP primers gave higher pressure than SPMs, and boattailed bullets also raised pressures. Since the 5.7 runs at up to 50k PSI, I think I’ll start with SRs, and at the start, since the difference between starting and top end loads is pretty small.

What fresh Hell is this?