I'm very interested in getting a rifle in 5.7. My use is kinda specific. I usually hunt a large pasture with shots out to ~400 yards and a variety of game up to and including nilgai. So my primary rifle is a 7mm rem mag with a Dead Air Nomad suppressor. I have a corn feeder ~20 yards from my blind that is usually bogarted by hogs which I shoot at every opportunity, head shots exclusively. Ideally, I want to be able to kill pigs close up as quietly as possible so I don't scare off any other game in the pasture. I have experimented with other calibers and combo's. I have on occasion shot a pig with a 5.56 AR with the can and deer grazing within 50 yards. The pig sounder always dips out but arguably less vigorously than they do when un-suppressed. The deer look but have not spooked in this scenario, they just go back to grazing.

I also have a SilencerCo Sparrow .22 can that is rated for 5.7 use. I'd like to acquire a 5.7 rifle of some type to put the Sparrow on and kill pigs via 20 yard head shots. I have a TC Contender which is a viable option but MGM, BBW and EABCO barrels are ~$500. I'd also slightly prefer a repeater for follow-up shots to whack multiples. In my experience, the sounder will scatter with the first shot but when using a suppressor, they usually run a little ways slowly before stopping to look around and presenting second shots.