I had the EZ9. I liked everything about it except the grip safety. IME S&W dropped the ball on that design. My hand is not very fleshy in the web of the thumb, due to some nerve damage I suffered a few years ago. So even when consciously trying to consistently depress that grip safety, I occasionally failed to do so. Given the target market for the EZ, I consider that a design failure. If the intended user can confirm that this won't ever be a problem, then it is an excellent choice. But you won't be able to determine that in the gun store. Good luck.

As far as accuracy - that was very good. And the excellent trigger made it easy to shoot accurately. The mags are indeed easy to load, but every mag is easy to load if you have the UPLULA - so that feature is kind of moot.

Frankly, I'm disappointed about the EZ. I think S&W designed the grip safety with too much concern for cost and not enough for reliability. I have zero issues with grip safeties on the 1911 and the Springfield XD. I can't recommend the EZ.

Edit: They did make the grip safety more prominent with the PC version (which tells me they're aware of the problem), and maybe that fixes the issue. But the PC EZ comes with a ported barrel which I detest in a carry pistol. I contacted S&W to ask if they would make the PC version of the grip safety lever available for someone to upgrade their EZ, and their answer was basically "no".

Last edited by FreeMe; 03/10/23.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.