Not so much anymore because I’ve cut most of it out. I won’t hunt in rain or high winds. Snow is ok. I don’t sit on the ground any more because I about killed a house dog with the ticks I’ve carried home. I have a 2lb small, collapsible “lawn chair” that sits very low but is comfortable, and between that and spraying, I’ve cut out 90% of the ticks.

I don’t out in the early-dark anymore either. I hunt public land and I know the area very well and where to sit, so I go out about midmorning, set up, and cold-call. The area has big, steep ravines but I stay on top as the birds seem much more apt to come up to you rather than go down to you. And I don’t have to climb down and then up again which is especially good this year as I will be 2 months post-new knee. If I don’t get any action within an hour and a half, I may move and set up again one more time that day. The area is full of turkeys.

Prefer cool, early 1st season, mid-April in Iowa with little or no foliage and no bugs yet. I like visibility. It’s only four days but usually get a big eastern in that span.

I do hate carrying lots of crap around though. My 3 decoys are inflatable/collapsible and along with my chair fit snugly in a day pack. Two collapsible hiking sticks round out my gear. They also double as shooting sticks if I desire.