Scatt targets: Mine has all three targets for XTC plus three targets for Palma. I know in a match you shoot the same Palma target at 800, 900, and 1000 but I guess it is scaled for the distances in the program.

The traveling system worked well in that I have shot over 800 record rounds and don’t recall a dropped shot. The first year we were shooting 100 rounds per day and the batteries were dying in the monitors by the end of the day. The CMP crew had spares and swapped them. Other than that we had a group of targets go down and was on that group. We were moved to different targets.

The first time I shot at Talledega it was a mess. Dropped shots, the whole match was shot in practice mode, target failures, etc. I was told it was all from lack of maintenance. The staff was quick to blame the shooters. My shooter was clean at 600 about 10 shots in and had a missed shot. The official said he shot the target frame and would not give a provisional. I told my shooter to not shoot, ran the official down, and argued until he got a provisional shot. I was glad I did, it did it to him again and to me. The second trip to Talledega was better, nothing terrible.