I emailed an ebay seller about his pictures of a 507 that showed with and then without the mount, he wrote back that the original release of the 507 included the picatinny mount but it's no longer included.

Not a deal breaker, for a handgun I'd use a lower mount as well. I've put red dots (Romeo5 and Fastfires) on several rifles including a couple of centerfires and like how that works but even the 2 MOA dot tends to obscure smaller targets when you get out to 200 yards or so.

Reason I'm looking at the Holosun is the circle reticle, which mimics a globe and circle front sight on a rifle in some ways. I looked through a Holosun at a gunstore using the 32 MOA circle to center stop signs and license plates and such out 100-200 yards, it's a little too large for the finest precision work but not bad at all. The eye will naturally center things in the circle and the target is not obscured. Very few folks make direct red dot mounts for rifles but pic rails are everywhere. The fact that it can go on a pistol when and if I choose is gravy.

Just kind of a wild hair but wanted to see if the pic mount was included before plunking down my money.

Now I see Holosun offers their 507 COMP model with a huge window and broken circle reticles of 8, 20 and 32 MOA. Hmmm....

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!