Originally Posted by Savage94C
Originally Posted by damnesia
Which NOE mold are you using?

The NOE mold is a .257 diameter #260-86-FN-D4 gas check that is listed as 85-86 grains. I incorrectly stated it as a 87-89 grain cast bullet in my post (edited it). It is made out of aluminum (mine) or brass/plain base or gas check/2-3-4-5 cavity.

I originally tried to get what they call a SC260-80-RF (80 grain bullet) developed by a handloader called Ranch Dog but they were always out of stock. Called and talked with the owner of NOE and he wasn't sure when that mold would be in stock as they were backlogged with manufacturing some of the more popular molds and weights. The owner advised he has had alot of 250 caliber casters use the 260-86-FN I bought and had received excellent comments about its accuracy in 250 caliber rifles including Savage 99's. Waited some time but the Ranch Dogs never got into stock so bought the 260-86-FN. I get an occasional email from NOE and one of them I received this winter advised of new and updated equipment at NOE that they anticipate will increase production and get backlogged molds available.

Since buying I haven't been able to develop loads yet as I wanted to but hope to hit it hard this spring/summer. Have noticed though this winter and as of yet (checked NOE website) that all of their .257 (25 caliber) molds are out of stock at this time. This particular mold is the only NOE I have and it casts beautiful bullets once the mold is up to temp.

Thanks. That's the one I was wanting but is out of stock, like all the others I'm interested in. I've called a few times and can't get anyone to pick up the phone. So it seems like I may have to get an Arsenal but I like that NOE has punch dies.