I purchased the Ingram knives pre-owned, but unused. As I said, they are very nice knives and the execution is top notch. What, I tried to say is that there is a plethora of knife makers out there that are constructing knives to the highest standards. I have a couple Hollinger’s for example. Better? No, but I believe that they are equal. Another example is Meneffee. I have two and find his execution on his thin tapered tangs is fantastic. Dale Howe makes a nice knife of similar style. And, of course, there is David Winston, originator of Ingram’s particular style. (As an aside, a wonderful man. A real southern gentleman). I have several knives made by David. Maybe, I don’t have the discerning eye, but I can’t see any real differences between Ingram’s and Winston’s. However, when one looks at the classified’s, there is a big disparity in asking prices. I don’t get it, and attribute it to the masses joining the crowd and having to have an Ingram as a consequence. If the Ingram is the one who blows your hair, go for it. One needs to please themselves and I’ll confess, it’s a rather good feeling and more than a little pride in believing that you have the holy grail of knives. By the way, I’ve owned Charlie May’s and one Phil Wilson. They are all gone, not because they weren’t nice knives, but they simply didn’t fit my ideal of what a perfect knife is.

The other thing, and this is a matter of personal taste, but I don’t much care for the shape of Gene’s blades on his basic models. The reason that I sold them.