My shelf sags under the weight of a couple thousand traditional 40-45 grain Hornet bullets with which I'm feeding three Hornets (soon to be a fourth if I ever get this Springfield Hornet finished). That few bullets shouldn't last long you might think, but the bulk of my Hornet shooting is with cast bullets anyway so they'll last me until the end. No prairie dogs hereabouts, and gophers disappeared from here probably 1000 years ago, if they ever existed in Maryland in the first place. Groundhogs are up for grabs but I lost my hatred for them long ago, and I haven't hunted turkeys in 20 years. What's left? Paper and squirrels, and the range I belong to only goes out to 100 yards, 200 yards if it's not crowded. Those woe-begotten old semi-RN bullets suit me just fine.

Favorite squirrel load: 6.0gr. 2400 + Lee 52gr. Bator cast soft. About the same moxie as a .22WMR. (The Bator bullet is a very squat blunt bullet no longer than a "traditional" jacketed 45 grain Hornet bullet. It shoots as well as anything in a slow twisted old Hornet.) I guess it would serve for turkeys too, if I cared to do that.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty