The new Unique is a fair bit cleaner (and different looking) than the old stuff, but CFE is still a lot cleaner shooting than U, especially in less than full throttle loads.

I don't shoot much handgun, either, mostly lot of handgun cartridge rifles. I loaded some 380 and 38 Special with CFE probably a year ago and still haven't gotten around to trying them.

244 Win is also in that same ballpark for usage, pretty clean shooting too, and generally easy to come by. I picked up a couple pounds of that the same time I started messing with the CFE. It worked ok, but the CFE ended up being a little more accurate in everything I tried it with so far.

Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Loading 165 gr Extreme I didn’t notice a big difference in accuracy between PP and Cfe but PP has alot of muzzle flash!
But for my performance load’s I’ve switched to Be86 for its low muzzle flash, and for lighter target loads Sport Pistol works really well but somewhat difficult to obtain!

BE86 ended up working really well for me in 327 Fed. My groups were just as good as CFE and the velocities were considerably higher. It shot good in my 45 Colt, too, but in that CFE has the velocity advantage by a fair margin.