Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by johnw
I've heard it here and there, including the first cottontail I shot with a .22.

Last time was maybe 5 years ago near Worland WY, and the desert was just full of little cottontails. Camped that night at a BLM site and heard a couple of them get killed by something overnight.

Was putting a new frame under a grain trailer by Coleta Illinois a few years ago. took a break and shut the welder down to hear the sounds of a screaming cottontail right behind the machine shed I was working in

Ex and I were camping in Iowa's yellow river state forest when we heard a rabbit start screaming. Ex grabbed a flashlight and said she was gonna stop it. Just then a bobcat started screaming from the other direction and the ex was quickly back at the fire with a blanket around her.

Yellow River also has bears and wolves. Probably cougars as well. I want to camp there but the wife wants running water and flush toilets.

kwg

Some of the best trout fishing in the midwest...

We used to spend a week or so a couple of times each summer there. Maybe every third night we'd go to the Winchester in Waterville to relive toilets and running water, as well as great food...
Wish someone would open that place up....

"Chances Will Be Taken"