Well, Speer was kind enough to let me add 2 boxes of bullets to my cart so those are on the way. I have not found brass, except for sites that only accept venmo or bitcoin and I will pass on those sites. Hopefully the tables at the shows will reveal some factory loads.

Bob - Thanks for the heads up on the CCGA gun show. I have not been to one of their shows in many years. I met a man several years ago while hunting that made some of the finest Kentucky long rifles I have ever seen. He invited me to a show back in 2014. I will definitely add this to the calendar. The Tanner Gun show is happening next weekend so I will be hitting that one as well.

JFE - Certainly won't be shooting 30-30 through this. I used some snap caps that I have for my 30-30 to test the feeding ramp. I am in the process of gathering the needed items for some proper ammo.

Looking forward to firing this rifle. Looks good in the safe next the rest of the levers.

"What's the point of being retired if you can't climb trees and wash your feet in the creek?" - Teal