DDT thinning bird shells wasn't a hoax. A few years after the ban, bald eagles showed up along the Missouri River in central ND, nesting in the big cottonwoods. I'd never seen a bald eagle until then, when I was about 17.

Probably lead shot in waterfowl feeding areas is a legit tissue, especially for bottom feeders. BS for upland bird hunting, as the concentration of exposed lead pellets would be pretty thin. Probably for the condor thing also.

I suspect shooting PDs with lead bullets MAY have an impact on the local scavengers, if enough PDs are shot, then scavenged by them.

I seriously doubt big game kills with lead bullets contribute much to the issue, if issue it is.

Gut piles? I try to avoid shooting BG in the guts, and take the wound channel and surrounding meat out of the field with me. I doubt many lead fragments are left behind/"fall to the bottom" (a barrel of water and an animal are worlds apart!) and are consumed by scavengers- not on recovered animals - but maybe on shot and lost ones.

Calling BS on the big game part.

Besides, I almost never recover a bullet from the carcass anyway.

Video is propaganda to sell copper bullets, specifically Hammer bullets.

Who paid for the video production?

Last edited by las; 05/03/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.