Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Skeezix,

I use a .243 for my coyote control work out to 600 yards (my farthest one-shot kill so far) using a Speer 75gr HP over 49.0gr Superformance, CCI BR-2 primers, C.O.A.L. 2.640" in my primary working rifle, and mostly Hornady brass.

For consistent LR shots in hot weather (over 90F), I use a 105gr Lapua Scenar-L over 41.5gr of IMR4350, CCI-BR2 primers, and C.O.A.L. 2.775".
If I'm shooting in lower temps, again with the 105gr Lapua Scenar-L, I'll go to 46.9gr Re26, CCI-BR2 primers, and C.O.A.L. of 2.795".

When I know I'm shooting consistently beyond 500 yards, I'll use my 6.5-280AI.

I wish you the best!

Ed

After reading the thread, I tend to agree with Ed here, the 75 grain Speer HP. I use H 414 and it'll reach out there... but so will the 75 grain Hornady and Sierra 75 grainer. If no H 414, then Win 760 and Accurate 2700 are pretty much the same powder.

In todays market, If you come across a 1000 round box of Speer 70 TNTs, I'd reach for that... They will reach out there , and if ya miss, they are fragile enough to come apart, and not sending shrapnel in any direction...

other bullets from Sierra and Hornady will work just fine, but the ones I've listed are the ones I prefer, if only for no other reason, that I've used them for decades at those distances and they have never failed to be on target, unless the shooter is not on target... ( that'd be me.. smile )

I can relate to 600 yds, as that is about as far out as our local range has steel posted.

H 414 has been the most accurate powder out of the several rifles I've used for this type of shooting... but as I said, W 760 and AA 2700 are the same powder.... I've just had a lot of H 414 still around over the years after it was discontinued.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez