Recently I purchased a 1931 Model 99 H in .30-30, ser. no. 337113. It is a Style 3, or V2-1, depending on whose terminology you wish to use. Here is a link to the GB listing so you can refer to the photos:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/983507240

This carbine has two stampings I don't recall seeing before.

See photo 6 of 14. Note that there is an apostrophe between the "Model" and "99". The apostrophe appears to be part of the factory stamping - not something added later. Is this something that was done for a very short time, or just on carbines, or ???

I have a hand written note in my Murray's that says there were Style 8 barrel addresses with larger letters and no dash in the serial number range ~337XXX to ~344XXX. I have two rifles in that serial number range. The height of the letters on those two rifles is 0.065". I also measured the height of the letters on later Style 8 small letters with dash. Those measured 0.050". Now look at photo 9 of 14. Those letters measure 0.120" in height. (Extra large with dash?) So evidently, there are three variations of Style 8 barrel addresses. This prompts the same questions as above.

I'd be interested to learn of others' knowledge of these stampings.