Originally Posted by OldRooster
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by mbhunt
Originally Posted by OldRooster
Originally Posted by mbhunt
I have a late 90's Browning Stainless Stalker with a BOSS. I'm thinking about taking it off mainly because of noise. Recoil reduction is nice but not that important to me really. I'm good with a brake or just a solid screw on piece. I'd love to hear if anyone has had experience with this and it's effect on accuracy.
They make a non-ported BOSS that will tune barrel harmonics without the noise. I have both for my A Bolt.
I think that's what TheKid is talking about. The idea of cutting it off and recrowned is something I'm going to look into.

It's called the CR(conventional recoil)

Oldelkhunter, that’s it. It’s still a BOSS but not a brake. It works to improve accuracy. Cutting the barrel back or capping the Browning threads I think will inevitably compromise accuracy.

It's not going to hurt accuracy at all, if you handload. If you go on ebay, they have those CR's from time to time. Both in blued and stainless versions. Just make sure you get the right one for your rifle. They are caliber specific.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA