Originally Posted by Mackey
QD mounts installed on that gun will probably run $2000-$2500. But it’s the only way you’d want to hunt with it. I’m of the hope and belief that getting it done will bring that much value to the gun. I’m contemplating getting it done to my newly inherited Colt Sauer drilling in 12/12/.243. Keep in mind you still need a scope. You’re gonna want a scope of European ancestry to match the gun, Ziess, Swarovski etc. Them ain’t cheap so budget another $1000 at least. But if you do all that, you’ll have a fine drilling to hunt anything in Georgia! New England Arms (603-287-4836) or Lee LeBas (775-230-2089) can do it. I have spoken with both and will probably flip a coin later this week to see who I’ll get to do it. I didn’t get my Wyoming sheep tag so I can use that money for some QD mounts. Good luck!

Mackey

You might strongly consider Recknagel swing mounts, instead of Suhler claw mounts, probably AKAHs. The Recknagels cost about 1/3 less, and I prefer them.

If you send your gun to Lee, let me know. I'll beat him on the head to get it done. wink I'll be taking a Fortuna 12/12/7X65R drilling to him to change out the claws for Recknagel.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”