Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Saw one at a not so local dealer the other day, decent wood with a Burris Scope(I think) guy was asking 1349. Wood was really decent on it. What are these worth these days and are they desirable?

I know where one is locally, but chambered in 300WSM. Beautiful chunk of walnut on it, with an ebony tip (black forend tip). The rifle has been hunted hard, so the finish is worn and the stock has a few blemishes. The shop is wanting $1,200.00 for this one. When I looked them up on GB, it looked like they were closer to $1,000.00. I did not care for the weight of the rifle to be honest. I have model 70's that feel lighter, chambered in 300mag as well and a pre 64 30-06 that weighs 6.6 pounds. I also have a Tikka 300WSM that is far lighter, and just as nice (wood stock). I decided that their price is way high. I probably would not give $1,000.00 for a 30-06 either, based on the 300WSM I handled the other day.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA