If you're willing to try and put in a little effort, I don't see why you can't get your current rifle to shoot reduced loads to a usable point of impact. For example, a Sako 22-250 I have is sighted in for 300 yard zero with my hot load. It shoots the medium load an inch high @ 100, so a little lower than the hot load but it's intended for closer ranges so it's perfect. Taking it a step further, I have a small game load that shoots dead on at 30-40 yards. All three loads require no scope adjustment.

Considering the effort, time and components you're putting into making the 218 Bee shoot, scrap it since you already said you're not in love with the action or stock anyway. You know how it goes, you're always going to reach for something else if you don't like it. Just stop wasting your time and sell it.

Put the same effort into working up multiple loads for your primary weapon. It's simpler and requires less hardware. There's no downside to having a more versatile firearm if you don't have to move the scope to get three different levels of performance. I'd call that a win all the way around.

LOL