Thanks, guys, for your comments.

GSPfan, I feel the same way. I really wish I could keep these mounts and I would if I could. However, I just don't have anyplace to put them. I have a house full of taxidermy myself, from my own hunts. My wife even offered to just put them in our living room in our very small house but they would take up the entire room and would make the space unusable. That isn't fair to her or our three kids, I don't believe. Other family members have taken other mounts of my Dads, but they can't fit these in their houses, either. It does greatly pain me to sell these, but I'll always have the memories of these hunts and those are worth more to me than the animals themselves.

In any case, this has certainly been an eye opener for me regarding my own taxidermy. No one appreciates your animals near as much as you do and once you're gone, they aren't going to mean much to anyone else, your spouse included. Therefore, when I feel the end is near, I'll make a concerted effort to do something with my animals so my kids won't have to deal with it. Of course, I would hope they might want them, but things change, and they may not want them at all, or not have room for them. I do appreciate everyone's comments, though. Thanks!