Psychological projection is a defence mechanism of alterity concerning "inside" content mistaken to be coming from the "outside" Other.[1] It forms the basis of empathy by the projection of personal experiences to understand someone else's subjective world.[1] In its malignant forms, it is a defense mechanism in which the ego defends itself against disowned and highly negative parts of the self by denying their existence in themselves and attributing them to others, breeding misunderstanding and causing untold interpersonal damage.[2] A bully may project their own feelings of vulnerability onto the target, or a person who is confused may project feelings of confusion and inadequacy onto other people. Projection incorporates blame shifting and can manifest as shame dumping.[3] Projection has been described as an early phase of...

I have not studied psychology in a long time. I thought I'd find a concise description of a very basic construct... I was shocked by the Leftist "woke" views on the topic online. A common example was "homophobia". So in their World view if you are say a parent who shows up at a school board meeting to protest a drag queen show for young children you are the one with "repressed" pedophile feelings which are so deeply repressed you are the one most likely to sexually abuse children.

I had to stop reading. The "woke" mind virus is spread wide and deep.

Please don't feed the trolls!