Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Dwayne,

Thanks for your comments!
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Mule Deer;
Good morning to you sir, I hope you and Eileen are well on this Memorial Day Monday.

Thanks for that experience with Eileen's drilling rifle, I remember now reading about it before, but it made me wince just a little bit this time - again. eek

Other than seeing the odd drilling at the local gun show, we just don't run across them up here so it's all a foreign thing to me, in all senses of that definition.

Way back in the '80's we ran into a German chap a couple times who had I want to say a Zoli combination rifle - likely either a 6.5x57R or 7x57R with a 16 gauge under it - again if memory serves from 35 years back and so help me it might not.

One time I ran across a fellow with a Cape Gun which was .577/450 on the left side and 12 gauge on the right. I want to say that was a Belgian made one and quite old, but again that's a long time ago.

Anyways John, yet again I appreciate you and the rest here adding to my education by sharing your knowledge and direct experience with stuff I've never messed with.

All the best to you both.

Dwayne

Thanks for your comments!

However, Eileen's gun is not a drilling, but an O/U combination gun. Here's a photo of the first deer she took with it:

[Linked Image]

Our friend Bruce (luv2safari) handled it in person a few years ago during a visit, and really wants it. (However, he wants to buy just about every good combo gun he sees, and Eileen doesn't want to sell it....) With the 1.5-5x20 Leupold it weighs exactly seven pounds--and six with the scope detached. She's used it with the scope off to take a number of upland birds.

Good hunting,
John

Yeah I want it! It's a gorgeous little BBF, a delight to hold. I also want your JRS drilling now that it has a better scope. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”