Originally Posted by GringoCazador
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Raeford
There's worse options than DeSantis, much worse.
Within the Republican offerings, or outside the current field?

Yes and or yes.
Is there a measurable difference between Haley and DeSantis?

How bout DeSantis vs Asa?

I know nothing about Asa. I’d guess Asa will be one of the first ones out. He’s no spring chicken and not all that well know. From what I understand some state laws allow politicians to retain a percentage of left over campaign funds. Might not win but may get some coin out of the deal. Also may get visibility for appointed positions. Then the book deals and speaking etc. it’s not always about I think I can win.

I don’t know much about Haley, I see here on TV some. Something about her rings Rhino to me but just my take.

My wife has a niece with a degree in political science, works for a conservative think tank/RNC or something like that. She is ultra conservative, big Trump supporter. Interned at congress and maybe Whitehouse too. She is in the know. She told my wife as much as people want Trump back in office it’s not going to happen. The moderate republicans and independents just flat don’t like him. If I recall what she told my wife was something like, if Trump gets the nomination, we’ll have another Democrat president. To some extent I’d have to agree with what she said. With that said, it’s was a few months back and polls show Trump in a better position. If polls can be believed. Nothing stays the same. I’d have never guessed in a hundred years Trump would have won over Hillary but he did.

If you look at a guy like DeSantis, he seems tough but doesn’t come across offensive. Not being offensive is important to younger conservative voters. We live in a different time no doubt. I don’t like Trumps personality one bit, but he’s been the best president in my lifetime. Same for Ted Cruz, people may not like him but he is one smart cookie. I spoke with him one time face to face and it didn’t take long to realize Ted Cruz didn’t fall off a turnip truck. I think Ted Cruz would make a great President. People need to vote for who can do the best job, not win a popularity contest.

Trump lately has been attacking everyone, taking a page out of the Biden playbook.

Ronald Reagan was the best president in my lifetime, how soon people forget. Trump couldn't hold his jockstrap.