Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Back when Mr. Kleinguenther was alive I loaded a little ammo for him. His 300 wby load is 84.9 Gr. 7828 with 180 grain hornady spire point flat base bullets. I used 215 primers. Load shot real well in every rifle I ever tried it in. Hasbeen

My 300 Weatherby drove me absolutely crazy during load development. I was so determined to shoot the 165 gr bullets I never considered 180 grains. Totally frustrated I reached out to my online source back then. One person responded with a private message as he had experienced the same frustration. He told me he finally landed on 84.5 gr's 7828 and 180 gr bullets. So, I tried it. The first two shot went in the same hole so tight I had to go downrange & fold the paper back to see the double graphite ring.

After 430 rounds of wasted attempts, the 7828 load was the only load I have used in that gun since. It is dependably < 1/2 moa.

This is an old thread. The guy that revived it, was asking about the 175 LRX and RL23 powder. To the illiterate OP, like I said before. He should buy a 308w and take English/writing classes. You are absolutely right though. IMR7828 in the 300WBY. End of subject..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA