Originally Posted by CRS
I agree with RHClark. I like to build for weight vs length. Only downside might be different length arrows could mess up gap shooters.

Too heavy, they drop too fast. Too light, not good for bow longevity.

When down to final tuning, I have even gone to cutting an 1/8 of an inch off.

I want to make sure everyone understands that once you get the correct length for spine,all the arrows will be the same. You don't have to tune each one to the extent that they will be different lengths. Sometimes gap shooters like arrows a certain length but I've shot with a couple world champion gap shooters that just tuned their arrows to whatever length worked and shot them. They just figured their new gap if it was any different than their old one.

The good gap shooters I've shot with didn't really consciously put their arrow tip in a calculated way over, on, or under a target. Now they might know their point on is 40 yards and if they miss that target once they will have a much better estimate next shot if the target is very close to their point on either way. They just have an awareness of their arrow tip in relation to the target and through repetition know what the sight picture needs to look like. They always shot just as swiftly as anyone else. One I know was an excellent wing shot on foam discs with flu flu arrows and he made videos on his gap shooting technique.