Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by 99guy
All the stories here about 308 and 30-06 bullets splattering on shoulder impact and not ever penetrating are complete and utter bullsheit.

Happened to me. Early 90's. Shot an antelope buck square on the shoulder with a 165 grain Nosler BT out of a 300 Win Mag at about 3200 fts at about 150 yards. When the gun cracked hair went flying in every direction. Antelope stumbled off with a blown up shoulder but it never penetrated the scapula. Broke his shoulder but not one piece of that bullet made it through. Stuck the next one in his ribs and killed him. Saw a women do the same thing on an antelope hunt a year or 2 later with a 243 shooting 100 gr. Nosler BTs. Blew the shoulder apart and we chased that thing all over the state of Montana before we got it killed. Saw a guy shoot an elk all to pieces with 180 grain Winchester BTs in about 2008 with a 300 WSM. Another sheetshow. What a mess that thing was. Looked like it had been hit by a tractor trailer. I asked the guy why he chose that bullet to hunt elk and he said it was the most accurate one he tried.

Nothing utter about any of it. Saw it all with my own eyes.

Another complete and utter bullsheit story.

Nothing wrong or spectacular about the antelope.

Poor bullet construction. You haven't hunted much outside of bama have you?

I've humted all over the country, I'm just not stupid enough to believe a 180 grain bullet traveling 3K just encounters antelope hair and just goes poof. Just stfu and quit making yourself look like a f'ing idiot.

Happened. Hit bone and exploded, not hair. Small point, but it was a 165 grain Nosler ballistic tip bullet not 180.

If you don't think that can happen, it exposes you as somebody that hasn't shot much or hunted much or seen much game killed outside of what you have shot out of your tree stand overlooking a pile of corn.

Just a big mouth now manifested with a key board.

Put the bottle down. Time for bed.

Go shoot a piece of 3/8 inch steel plate with something as small as a 55 gr NBT, even at an angle and get back to me. Don't blame your sheitty shooting skills on a 165 gr bullet blowing up on an antelope 🤣🤣🤣

Bullet hit the buck on the point of the shoulder. Nothing wrong with my shooting skills. That was 30 years ago when you were still probably sheeting yellow in diapers. Nosler has cleaned that up since. Shooting a ballistic tip now at 3/4 inch piece of steel would prove nothing. But how would you know that?

The fact that you have a big mouth, a bottle and a key board proves that you know exactly nothing.

Rookie.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~