Originally Posted by SDHNTR
So just because an automobile has a motor that runs and tires that turn, that’s enough for you? Of course a scope should hold up to recoil, that’s a given, and no it’s not enough! Personally, I want a car that has also been crash tested. Durability after impact matters to me, just like it does with scopes.

Your point that 99% of other scopes work is bunk. More like 99% of consumers are too dumb to know better and demand more. But that’s changing. People are becoming more informed and demanding better durability. Fancy features, pretty glass, flashy marketing (warranties) and recoil testing alone aren’t gonna cut it. Scope manufacturers will need to adjust accordingly. It won’t happen overnight, but it will happen. It’s starting. Manufacturers that continue to ignore the matter of impact testing and zero retention will lose share to those who embrace the concept. It’s a good thing.
The only company I remember doing testing and advertising it was Leupold. Seems they lost share to everyone. Marketing is a game and I tend to discredit marketers. Independent unknown folks using stuff and reporting their experiences is not much better.

Obviously you put yourself in the elite 1%, so how did you get there?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.