Originally Posted by Mackey
Originally Posted by TBREW401
According to the news, this was an eventful weekend all over the country

I live just outside of Memphis. My wife and I escaped to Asheville NC so we’d be out of the Memphis action for the weekend. I’ll be damned if they didn’t have a Juneteenth celebration shooting one block from our downtown Asheville hotel Saturday night. You can’t get away from it!

Mackey

I live just outside of Asheville.

ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) — Officials with Asheville Police Department spoke with News 13 Sunday, June 18, to shed light on more details of the events leading up to and following a shooting that took place among juveniles

Lt. Tammy Flanigan-Bryson with the Asheville Police Department explained how they had officers working the Juneteenth festival and that while the event was breaking down at the time of the shooting, officers were still in the area.

“They heard multiple rounds go off at that time and luckily they were here and saw everybody pointing and people running,” she said.

Saturday’s shooting did result in the city canceling Sunday’s Juneteenth events.

Last year we had 21 murders in Asheville. Nineteen were young nigs shooting young nigs. If you took away the negros, we would hardly have a crime problem here. Asheville is 11 percent black.